PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Our Commitment to Our Donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any third party other than local United Way organizations and our service providers, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- information such as your name, job title, postal address (home and business), telephone number, mobile phone number and email address;
- any business information in connection with any project or any contractual relationship with UWI or provide by you voluntarily;
- your user id and password and other security related information for accessing the Website;
- information collected from publicly available resources, public data bases and credit rating agencies;
- information about any litigation or other legal proceedings against you;
- information about your health to understand you have any disability or require any special assistance;
- information provided in your application for any job with UWI like your experience, qualifications, your current compensation package and expected compensation package, references etc;
- details of all your visits to UWI’s premises;
- information to verify your identify which may be required to provide you with the response that you may seek through our ‘contact us’ link.
- Email communications which may be sent to UWI will be routed through our systems and stored in our systems;
- Tracking technologies may automatically record information such as domain and host names, other information about your geographic location, IP addresses, browser software and operating system types, your manner of connecting to the Internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access), and dates and times that our Website is accessed, hardware model, device hardware information, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, phone number, serial number, current software version, mobile country code, mobile network, MAC address, cookies, pixels and settings of the devices you use to access our Website;
- information which you may provide including your profile photo, profile name etc;
- your facial scanning though facial recognition software;
- your location through your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services and enable the location function on your device;
- other personal data notwithstanding its relevance to the services provided by UWI;
- personal data about your membership of a professional or trade association or union, personal health data;
We may collect personal information about you under number of circumstances including (i) when you or your organisation visit, make an enquiry or otherwise interact on the Website;(ii) personal meetings and exchanging business cards and contacts; or (iii) when you or your organisation offer to provide services to us.
You represent that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the data/ information and UWI’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third -party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
In general, the users to the Website can access the Website’s home page and browse some areas of the Website, without disclosing any Personal Information.
However, UWI tracks information provided by visitor’s browser, including the website the visitor came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser used and other information that does not personally identify any visitor of the Website. This may include installation of cookies and collection of other session data.
We do not have any system to collect Personal Information automatically. In order to use our services, you will have to register with us and provide Personal Information. It is completely optional on your part to provide Personal Information and register with us.
Some elements of the Website may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or participate in a certain activity.
Unless we specifically request or invite for it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from UWI, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion.
The Website is not intended for persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
Any comment system on the Website may utilize an opt-in geolocation service in accordance with a prevailing community standard such as HTML 5. Such geolocation opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the geolocation service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within UWI and publicly on the Website.
As you navigate the Website, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered automatically without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Website.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Social Media Widgets: Our Website may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Website. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
- Like any other website, www.uwindia.org uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read http://www.aboutcookies.org. You can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for information on how to opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
USE AND PROCESSING OF DATA/ INFORMATION
- to verify your identity and confirm your eligibility to access and use our Website and the features made available through our Website;
- to manage and oversee your or your organisation’s relationship with UWI, including payments receipts, accounting, auditing, billing and collection;
- to comply with our legal obligations, compliance obligations (including obligations under trade sanction and embargoes, money laundering, financial and credit check, fraud and crime prevention and detection purposes) and may contact you to confirm your identity which may be relevant for compliance purposes;
- to allowing you to create your own profile on our Website in order to avail our services without having to provide personal information again every time you access our Website;
- to analyse and improve our services and communications with you;
- to secure and manage access to our premises, information technology and communication systems, online platforms, websites and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- to monitor and check compliance with our policies and standards;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory authorities;
- to enable vendors and service providers to provide various services subscribed by you including contact information verification, payment processing, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, and other similar services;
- to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend legal rights of UWI;
- for any purpose related, incidental and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your Personal Information was provided to us.
- if you submit your review about our services then it will be published on our Website and other donors/sponsors will be able to view you reviews and experiences and other details shared with us;
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you information that you request and to process your donations;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information;
- dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
- to notify you about upcoming events and donations;
- to promote our mission and initiatives, and the missions and initiatives of our affiliates;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Website, improving our services, identifying Website usage trends, optimizing your experience on the Website, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns;
- if you choose to complete a survey, we may use the information for purposes of evaluating your feedback from the survey;
- to conduct survey about how satisfied our customers are and for improving our performance and provide better services to the customer;
- legitimate business purposes; and
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- if we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
- We may use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device for any purpose.
In addition, the processing may be based on your consent where you have expressly given that to us.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UWI does not sell your Personal Information.
- to the companies or individuals that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services, relationship management services, and payment processing; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may share your Personal Information to our partners, associates, service providers and third parties who may handle our data management, newsletter and email distribution, conducting surveys, events, and promotions, as necessary or appropriate:
- to carry out services on behalf of UWI under contract;
- in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with any legal process whether local or foreign;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our General Website Terms and policies;
- when UWI, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others;
- to protect our rights or property, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- to third parties on a confidential basis for the purposes of collecting your feedback and to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote mission and objectives;
- with companies providing services for money laundering activities, credit risk and other fraud and crime prevention activities and companies providing similar services, including financial institutions, credit rating agencies and regulatory bodies;
- with courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies or lawyers or other parties where it is reasonably necessary for UWI to exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim;
- with third party service providers to process personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions only. UWI will be responsible for your Personal Information and have control over the same and will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your Personal Information when engaging such service providers;
Your data/ information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and in accordance with the provisions set out herein.
Your personal information will be retained with us as long as you continue to use your account on our Website or as long as we continue to have a business need to do so, unless a longer period is required by applicable law.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING FEATURE
We have our social media platforms and you will be able to connect us through such social media platforms. In such case we may be able to identify you and relate the information shared through social media platforms with the information that we already have about you. Depending on your usage settings on social media platforms, all information shared by you may be available to others including your friends and general public.
UWI will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We have taken steps and adopted industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. All electronic financial transactions performed through our Website are covered by encryption technology. All your personal information and data are stored on secured servers and are password and firewall protected. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. As such, we cannot guarantee or certify the safety of any information transmitted or otherwise provided to us or received from us. Also, UWI uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Website will be interrupted or unavailable. UWI will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over internet / cellular / data networks and you agree that UWI shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website or for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless UWI has been grossly and willfully negligent.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
UWI is based in Mumbai, India and any information transmitted to us may be stored, accessed, or processed in India. We follow the data protection laws of India.
Automated Processing of Personal Information
We may use automated processing of your Personal Information in order to tailor our communications with you and manage our relationships with our donors and contacts. This automated processing may impact the type of communications you receive from us.
If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us.
Right to Review and Modify
We will provide you with the right to review, access and modify the Personal Information that we maintain about you depending on technical feasibility and requirements of applicable laws. We may perform verification before providing you access to this Personal Information. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information provided by you.
Withdrawal of Consent
Deletion of Personal Information
You can request UWI to delete the Personal Information provided by you to UWI by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the Website or your access to certain features of the Website. You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted and/or is prohibited from being deleted under any applicable law or in lieu of law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
REFUND & CANCELLATION
Since all transactions online on the site are donations for which a tax exemption certificate is issued no refund or cancellation is possible for the same except in the case where the transaction is fraudulent or unauthorised in nature whereby cardholder can initiate chargeback on the transaction with their respective bank.
For questions about this Website, please contact us at email@example.com
To contact us by mail: United Way India
501, Sun Vision Spenta
3rd Road, Khar West
Mumbai 400052, Maharashtra, India
Tel.: +91 22 26043611