An initiative to support healthcare institutions with medical equipment and consumables to provide advanced tertiary care to the underprivileged communities.
Medical devices are crucial in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illness and diseases, as well as patient rehabilitation. The health sectors of many developing countries including India rely significantly on donations of medical devices and medical equipment. The provision of modern health care is heavily dependent on technology, which includes health-care equipment and due to the economic constraints, the health sectors of many developing countries have to rely considerably on donation of equipment.
The need for improvement of surgical systems, especially in low-resource settings, has gained traction in recent years.
- The June 2017 Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report revealed a 27.21% shortage for clinical equipment and 56.33% for non-clinical equipment, of which oxygen supply is a part.
- The report also highlighted that critical medical equipment had not been used for more than five years because there was no annual maintenance contract. This attracts immediate attention to resolve the challenges at hand and strengthen medical institutions with adequate technology and equipment to treat patients.
Strengthening capacity of the hospital to improve patient service in an efficient and effective manner
United Way India facilitates the increased demand of medical services by providing necessary medical equipment that helps in strengthening the healthcare systems in India. After mapping of requirements as per the on-ground needs of Health Departments, Hospitals and District administration; shortlisting of hospitals and HealthCare Centers is done and the handover is completed only after a succesful end-to-end vendor management.
Government run hospitals and healthcare institutions
Impact Till Date
560+ hospitals supported till date through:
- Oxygen plants and concentrators
- Preventive protective gears like masks, sanitizers, PPE kits etc.
- Advanced therapy machines in various departments like ICU, OT, Pulmonary, Ophthalmology, Urology, Pediatrics etc
To know more, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org